Shapes have become the topic of discussion with my 3 year old lately. We’ve been working on identifying shapes and naming them.
I made these super cute Shape Magnifying Glasses inspired by Apples to Applique. You can purchase a template for a really reasonable price from the TPT site or make your own like I did!
I had my 3 year old transform into a detective and go around the house in search of objects of various shapes! She had a blast. I plan to add more shapes to our collection soon!
If you are interested in making your own, this is what I did to make them:
What we used to make our detective magnifying glasses:
- Colored construction paper
- Glue Stick
How we made the shape magnifying glasses:
- Cut construction paper into the shapes you want & cut a hole in the center the same shape. I didn’t make our perfect shapes. I eyeballed the shapes as I cut them.
- Cut out handles for the shape magnifying glasses.
- Glue the handles to the magnifying glass top.
- Run them through the laminator to make them sturdy and indestructible. If you don’t have a laminator, you could also use clear packing tape for this or make them on card stock.
That’s all! I hope that you enjoy this activity!